Thursday, November 13, 2008


So Olivia and I were driving to the mall yesterday and I had the new Faith Hill Christmas c.d. playing, yes I know a little early but its Faith!! Anyway, The Little Drummer Boy song came on after Santa Claus is coming to town and she wanted to hear another Santa song but I left it playing. Olivia asked me why she was making that noise, I tried to explain to her that it was the sound of a drum - "that's not a drum", she replied, "did Santa give it to her?", Realizing that Santa is about all she thinks about during Christmas I decided to explain the song to her. She does know who baby Jesus is but didn't know why the little boy was playing his drum. So, I then began to explain that he played the drum b/c he couldn't afford any gifts so he wanted to play him a song, I am a little over hormonal right now I guess cause it just hit me and I couldn't even get through it without choking up. Anyway, she got quiet and listened to the rest of the song and when it was over she asked to hear another song about Jesus. What a moment, that she asked for Jesus instead of Santa, was just over whelming to me. I have a very sweet girl.....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like you figured out how to get your background... which is good, cuz I didn't!
How sweet when they can start to realize the real meaning of Christmas! Crazy that she's at that age already... too fast!
And now I'm going to have to go buy the Faith Christmas cd... I'd forgotten that it had come out. Yay!

Unknown said...

Have no fear, we have been listening to the Jewel Christmas CD, as well as the Faith Hill one for about 2 weeks now!! (Ohh, cant forget my fav. Hillary Weeks one too:)!! It is great to hear how well Olivia is doing, how much she is learning!! She is one cute girl! And, your blog looks great...someone amazing must have helped you a little bit:)hehe!