Thursday, July 16, 2009

Olivia's First Shiner




Well it happened- our first bad injury. Olivia was running at the farm and tripped falling and hitting the side of her face on a feed bucket!! Luckily I wasn't there when it happened. Bo called me and said that Olivia wanted to come home b/c she fell and hit her cheek. He was very calm about it so I didn't think much of it. I grabbed an ice pack and went down to get her. But you can imagine my face when I saw her. I couldn't believe how bad it looked! As the night went on, her eyelids got swollen too!! The pictures don't show how bad it really looked. She didn't want to go to the pool today b/c she was afraid kids would make fun of her! But she is at the pool as we speak havin a blast.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor thing!! I kind of can't believe you made it this long though. I think it's funny that you were the more affected parent. It's Mike in our home. I certainly don't like the little injuries or illnesses, but Mike is pretty pathetic about it. It's sweet and all, but I'm always left with two people to console and I think he's the more difficult of the two! Gotta love him.
LOVE the pics of baby Josie. She is just so pretty!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, you have made it quite a long time without major injury!! Poor girl...I am sure she will milk it for a bit, but that is what girls do:) You should see Haylee limping around right now with her recent bike injury..she even asked for her crutches from when she broke her toe! Give her a big kiss from us:) And the other kids too!

tlwhelan8 said...

She is her mothers child..when you broke your arm, you didn't want to go to the Christmas party cause you thought people would look at you..you were 3...she looks so sad but it is good to see that Bo has a loving grip on her...