Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rodeo TIme!!!
















snack time!!!































Ok, so we attempted the Rodeo last night. It was a bit much for a 2 yr old, even the 5 yr old got a bit restless and Josie- well lets just say she was definetly glad to go home:) We started on walking around looking at the animals that 4H had, then went to the little kiddie play area where Olivia got her face painted. Then the food, I have to admit that I was a bit excited to get some good ole' fair food, but aghh! It was horrible. The corn dogs were fine but other than that- gross! So then to the Rodeo. After moving around a bit we decided the best seats for the little ones was right up front so they didn't have to sit on the bleachers. Billy was a bit hard to entertain. they were going pretty slow with all of the events so he got pretty bored and as any 2 year old would do was trying to entertain himself but not to his father's liking! He would lay down in the rocks and not budge- normally I wouldn't care but it was right in the path of people walking so we had to keep moving him, and again as any 2 yr old would do- he threw a fit! So I took him walking around b/c I had to find a spot to feed the baby anyway. After gettin some snacks and feeding the baby we went back just in time for bullriding. And then he was interested- he was yelling and cheering like crazy. It was so funny.

Now, Olivia was her normal mess. After a failed attempt to go out in the arena with all the other kids for something they ley them do. She just sat and watched. Problem was she was watcing the calf roping. She got VERY upset watching these cowboys rope this baby calfs. I really thought we were going to have to leave. Talk about a drama queen. So I took her walking around, let her get an airbrush tatoo and a snowcone. After that she was content and went back and watched the rest. Then we headed to the carnival-BIG MISTAKE!!! First off, I didn't realize how late it was. It was already 10 o'clock!!! Bo had to get up early and I wasn't even thinking that the kids would be bad!! HAHAHAHAH!!!! Billy could only ride about 2 rides and that didn't suit him. And then Olivia didn't like that she only got to ride a few. SO after her fit was over we left. Completely wore out and everyone dirty and tired we took the ride home. I had prewarned Bo that Josie would cry the whole way home and that she did. But it didn't really phase us, the other kids were asleep:)





And as for Josie at the Rodeo, lets just say I will be glad when she takes the bottle better. Kind of hard to nurse a baby in heat around a bunch of cowboys! She did finally take a bottle pretty easy this morning- it was one of the Playtex drop ins. This will be our 4th type of bottle to try with her. She took it like a champ so maybe we found the one. I have tried everything, putting breast milk in the bottle, someone else feeding her, even different formulas. So, I think it has come down to Similac formula and these Playtex bottles pretty warm. Talk about high maintenance!!! But gotta love that pretty girl

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny you posted about this, we were just talking about taking the kids to a rodeo when Ryans parents get here. We decided to see the trick horse show earlier in the day instead. We were worried that it might be slow and a bit boring, and since it does not even start until 8..well..we did not want kids pitching fits:) As for the bottles, that is exactly what I use, and have with every child..they just seem to be the best! I sure hope she gives in to a bottle soon, it is SOOO nice:) we use Good start formula, but that is because everything else was making Mallory more fussy. Cute hat BTW..if you want to seem some dang cute pictures of Mallory in a hat like that, head over to my friends photography blog..creativelychicphotography.blogspot.com. Dang cute for sure..I cant wait until she gets me my own copy:) OK, off to deal with the beasts..I mean children!

Heather said...

Oh the torture! I mean, I am sure that there were fun points, but that is why children should never get to be entertained, unless the parents are allowed to drink a little alcohol here and there along the way. It's too hot for fits for sure! They do look so darn cute though! And that Josie is just beautiful! I can't wait to see her again!

kristenharris said...

That sounds like so much fun! Cant wait to meet little Josie! Shes such a Vohs baby! Im still planning on coming up in October =)