Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day


Ok, so normally this day just comes and goes at our house. I am not a fan normally of Valentines Day b/c of the lack of romance that has existed in my life- even before marriage. Yes, my husband will stop by the closest grocery store on his way home and get me a bouquet of tulips but thats it. I, on the other hand, make a big dinner with candles and all, etc. etc. Well, not this year- I had decided not to do anything but a handmade gift from the kids. I wasn't going all out again. Thats when it kicks me in the butt- my husband actually went all out this year. We went out to eat Friday night to a place called Texas Road House. Awesome- mind you, we NEVER go out to eat, especially not to a steak house!! But he wanted to for Valentines so we went- with kids in tow. Then he got me some beautiful tulips- they are my fav. So, I felt a little guilty. Saturday we really didn't do much b/c we were supposed to go to his nieces b-day party but his step grandfather died and he was a pall bearer so that took up most of the day and the party was cancelled. That night consisted of the tractor being worked on and eating left over from the night before- which did not bother me b/c I got to watch stupid lovey dovey movies on t.v. By the time he came home, Billy was asleep and I was almost there but he still had Olivia and she needed a bath. She was acting kindof goofy like she knew something but wouldn't tell me so after putting her to bed, Bo & I watched t.v then went to bed. The next morning, Bo got BOTH kids ready for church while I got ready. Then as I am getting Billy's snacks for church, little Olivia comes around the corner with something in her hand and a huge grin on her face- she handed it to me and said it was from daddy, he was standing behind her. In her hand was a ring- yes thats what I said- A RING!!!!! No, not a big diamond ring- just a sweet beautiful ring with small diamonds all over. I started to cry giving my wonderful husband a hug and kiss. See, he is not the type to do this. I was blown away. He has been absolutely the most wonderful guy lately, helping out more and just being really sweet. I know all marriages have there ups and downs and mine definitely has, so I am just relishing in this moment. I asked him that night why he did all that and he said that he had never really done anything in all of our 9 years together and thought I deserved it b/c thats how much he loves me!!! AHHHH! I love him......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh...he wins the prize this year for sure!! Isnt it great when they do something so out of character that you are truly surprised! Now we need a picture of said ring, in order to fully appreciate the beauty of the moment you know:) And..I dont care who you are, or how good your own farm raised beef is..Texas Roadhouse is soooo good!! Hmm.. I want some right now!! Glad you had a great time at the "peanut place" as my kids call it!

Lindsey said...

So sweet!!! Glad he took good care of you this year. You definitely do deserve it. Looks like he's starting to figure that out... yay Bo!

Kristen said...

I like Texas Roadhouse peanuts =) Good job Bo! Way to step it up this year!!!

Sarah W said...

NICE! That sounds like you had a wonderful valentine's! 10 points for the hubby!