Friday, December 19, 2008


This is our elf named Simon. He has been a great addition to our household. Olivia has been on her best behavior since he came. She know she cannot touch him or that he cannot talk to her but she loves to talk to him. She really loves to wake up every morning and find his new hiding spot. It is a great way to get her up in a happy mood in the morning. Billy doesn't really get it but thats ok.





and this is where Simon was yesterday when we came home, yes, thats the fridge with a tootsie roll in his hand. He must have gotten hungry!!! Right, daddy!!!! Olivia was very upset when she came home and couldn't find him in his other spot. I had trouble finding him too so I called Bo and he said to check the fridge. I asked Olivia to get something out of the fridge and she found him-she was laughing so hard she started to cry, she said "that is one silly elf!!"

11 comments:

tlwhelan8 said...

I love it but you took away my thoughts for the advent calendar next year..that's right, I am already thinking about next year...

brittany said...

oops, sorry, good thing you got PLENTY of time!!!! he only came to our house b/c he was available at 40% off and Olivia was very distraught that all the other girls at her daycare had an elf and not her so I had to come to the rescue

Unknown said...

OK, I like your idea better! We have a Ginger doll, but the problem with her is that she does nice things for the kids every night! Holy cow, it is too much work!! Some mornings she makes breakfast, haha...and one night, I snuck her into Courtlyn's bed, and told the kids that she went in to take care of Courtlyn when she was crying so she could not do anything else that night! A hiding spot would be much easier!

brittany said...

you need to go to Hallmark, they are on clearance right now, it is the elf on the shelf. it comes with a book to tell you about him and everything- very cute!! he goes home to the north pole every night to update Santa on how the kids have been and then comes back and is in a different spot for the kids to find. he's great

tlwhelan8 said...

step away from the hallmark stores...that was my idea for the kiddos book for next year(except for Britt since she got so smart and found it herself)...

tlwhelan8 said...

thanks for the heads up that the elves are on sale..I have ordered them for next year and will do something else for you all....

brittany said...

ok, sorry, i'll be quiet!!!!!!

tlwhelan8 said...

no,no...don't be quiet..heather had alerted me to the elves earlier as she remembered that I have the elves from my Moms Christmas decor...I had gone to Hallmark but since I had already bought so many books decided not to buy it(at full price)..we wondered whether it was a good book or not so your endorsement tipped the scales...see,thanks to you,I already have the books for next year( I am going to limit the kids books to 1/yr from now on)

brittany said...

that sounds good, it is definetly a tradition every family should do. it even has a place in the book to name the elf and write the year the tradition was started. It is wonderful. And thats why I bought it too b/c it reminded me of an elf from our house when we were little

Heather said...

Oh you are all so smart and clever and creative!!! I love that we are all being such dutiful and loving parents with "helping" these elves and Ginger's to be so good to the kids. That is a wonderful tradition!

kristenharris said...

my kid is getting coal